Why an Air Curtain
Air curtains, also known as air doors, can be a great solution to many problems. Air curtains are mechanical units that attach to the top of a door. Once installed and connected, they blow a controlled stream of air across the opening to create an air seal. This air separates different environments while allowing a smooth flow of traffic and unobstructed vision through the opening. They help contain heated or cooled air which can provide sizeable energy savings and greater personal comfort. Air curtains stop bugs and dust from entering a building while the optimal PureAir package kills bacteria and deactivates virus and mold spores when they come into contact with the stream of air.
Some of the models we like:
- Compact models for drive thru windows in 18” and 26” lengths when you need to protect the comfort of the person working the window. Keep out car exhaust and cold air in the winter and warm air in the summer.
Check out this news clip of a drive thru air curtain in action;
- Sanitation models are the best option for walk in coolers and freezers and are usually the ones chosen by restaurants and kitchen designers. They maintain the temperature in the cooler, keep ice from forming, meet food service standards and health department requirements for flying insect control when the door is open. Low profile sanitation certified models are available.
- Architectural models – for revolving doors, entrance ways or for when the air curtain needs to be hidden and a more attractive unit is required. Electric, steam and hot water models are available. Architectural air curtains can be controlled with the Berner Air App.
- Berner’s PureAir package can be added to a number of models. This is an air purifier system that mitigates odors, kill bacteria and mold spores. The Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization Technology deactivates viruses. This technology is a UL Certified ozone-free technology that ionizes air molecules. They are ideal for indoor growers, producers, and bakeries.
- Heated options on some models will maintain temperature in a space. The air coming down through the unit is heated. There are many applications for these such as patio doors and industrial use on loading docks and receiving doors.
We would be happy to help you chose the right model! Email email@example.com for more info.
UL certified, AMCA Certified, EPH/NSF/ANSI Standard 37 certified
Manufacturers’ agents for the food service industry